Beginner’s Handbook to Casino Gambling
Gambling at a casino is an experience like no other. There are so many different games you can play and ways you can hit it big. Though playing games at casinos is thrilling, there can be a lot to learn before you head to the tables. Instead of trying to absorb everything at once, you can stick to knowing the basics and be well-prepared to have a great time at a casino.
If you want to gamble at a casino, but have never done so before, start by learning about the most rookie-friendly games and common practices for best etiquette in this beginner’s guide to casino gambling.
Best Casino Games for Beginners
Before you step on the casino floor, you should try to learn a little about the games you want to play. It’s usually a good choice for first-timers to choose entertaining games that aren’t complex enough to feel overwhelming. Understanding casino games is crucial to having a great time. Sticking to a simple game allows you to get comfortable in a casino and practice your gambling skills.
Below, you can find some of the primary casino games for beginners.
There’s a reason blackjack is so beloved among novices and experienced players alike. The rules are easy to learn, and the games are quick, only taking a few minutes. The objective is simple — try to get your hand’s value as close to 21 as possible. If you go over 21, you bust. You don’t play against other players, either — you’re solely going up against the dealer, who has the same objective as you.
One of the other major advantages of this table game is that there are higher chances of winning than other games, making it a top choice for people who are new to casino gaming.
2. Richer Roulette
Richer Roulette is another game with a low barrier to entry. Unlike standard roulette, Richer Roulette doesn’t use a roulette ball. Instead, it relies on a unique spinning mechanism and specially designed tiles containing numbers and colors. You’ll often see double-sided Richer Roulette tables with a built-in illuminated lightbox to deliver an exhilarating gaming experience. To play the game, you can place bets on several factors, such as choosing between red or black colors, numbered tiles and whether the tile will be odd or even.
After placing your bet, three independent cylinders move in alternating directions. Eventually, the wheel slows, and the cylinders lock into a synchronous rotation before they come to a halt. Once the wheel stops, a dealer reveals the winning number and tile to players. If you guess correctly, you win, getting whatever payout comes from betting on a specific result. You can have a lot of fun betting and holding your breath while waiting to see the spin’s outcome.
It doesn’t get much easier than the game of slots. All you have to do is put your money in the machine and press a button. Slots usually don’t cost very much money to play and can net you substantial sums compared to how much money you’re putting in.
Despite it being a simple game to play, it’s one of the most exciting, especially when you hit the jackpot. If you’re looking for a game you can play without interacting with a dealer or other players, it’s a perfect choice.
4. Video Poker
Stepping up to an in-person poker table can be pretty intimidating for beginners. Start with video poker instead. You play it electronically, and the game follows the same rules as five-card draw. You won’t be playing against anyone else. Instead, you only have to try to end the game with the best possible hand.
For the game, you bet before you receive a new hand. You’ll win more money the better your hand is at the end of the game. For players new to poker, this form of the game can help you better understand hand values and figure out how strong various hands are once you hit the in-person tables.
Casino Gambling for Beginners: Casino Etiquette
Before you go try your hand at blackjack, you should also be aware of some common elements of casino etiquette. Casino gambling tips include knowing courtesies associated with the games. Take a moment to review the following basic casino rules for proper manners.
- Put the phone away: Even if the casino allows phone use at the table, keep it in your pocket. Phone use can slow the game down and lead to distracted playing. Don’t be the person who interrupts other players’ enjoyment or talks loudly during a game.
- Know the rules: Before you sit down to play a game, at least know the basics. While a dealer will be happy to answer a question or two if you’ve forgotten something, don’t expect them to teach you all the intricacies.
- Don’t talk about someone else’s gambling: Everyone brings a unique strategy to the table. It can be annoying to other players when someone wants to comment on their game. It’s best practice to stick to worrying about yourself. Players will like you better for it.
- Tip waitstaff and dealers: If someone brings you over a cocktail or drink, you should tip generously. These staff members rely on tips to make a living. Even when the drinks are on the house, show your appreciation to the waitstaff with tips. You should also tip dealers. When you do this, don’t give them cash. Slide them a chip instead and tell them it’s a tip.
- Drink responsibly: Avoid ruining everyone else’s fun by being drunk at the table. Know your limits and stick within them.
- Only touch cards if you’re allowed to: Many beginners make the mistake of handling their cards. While you’ll need to pick them up for games like Texas Hold ’em, you won’t need to for many other games. A good rule of thumb is that if your cards get dealt to you face-up on the table, don’t touch them.
Take a Trip to Tachi Palace
Looking for a fun location to put your newfound gambling knowledge to work? Tachi Palace Casino Resort is the place for you. At our hotspot in beautiful Lemoore, Calif., we offer tons of casino games, along with luxurious amenities and entertainment options. You get all the benefits of a Las Vegas resort without the exorbitant fees and huge crowds.