Casino and Hotel Near Sequoia National Park
Life in California can be exciting, invigorating, and full of nonstop entertainment — but it also comes with its fair share of stress, deadlines, long commutes and responsibilities. Sometimes you need a getaway from the monotony of everyday life, and planning a trip is the perfect way to break free for a few days.
Nothing creates a peaceful getaway quite like being in the outdoors, and Sequoia National park in California has plenty of natural wonders to offer. Visit for a day trip and extend your trip by staying in one of the hotels near Sequoia National Forest. Learn more about the area below to plan your perfect staycation or weekend getaway full of fun things to do and see.
Sequoia National Park FAQs
Before you take your mini getaway, prepare by learning everything there is to know about Sequoia National Park. With over 600 square miles to explore, you’ll want to get in as many activities or things to see as possible. Find the answers to your questions about Sequoia National Park below or learn more about the natural area.
What Is Sequoia National Park Like?
Sequoia National Park is unlike anything you’ve seen before. A tour of the park’s path leads you on a magical journey, winding through unbelievably tall trees. You’ll escape to a land of natural wonders and feel connected with the world and at peace. You’ll also experience other aspects of nature’s beauty, from the nearby Sierra Nevada mountain range to canyons and caverns. Sequoia National Park is also a quick 10-mile drive to Kings Canyon National Park, home to the largest remaining grove of sequoia trees in the world. This is also where you will find the General Grant tree – the second largest sequoia tree in the world.
Sequoia’s forests offer over 800 miles of hiking trails that suit a range of experience and hiking abilities. You’ll find easier-to-hike options for beginners, whether the trails are paved or short. If you’re an avid hiker and can handle a challenge, hit the steep, rugged, and long trails. Check out these hiking paths in Sequoia National Park to help plan your visit and learn what the park is like:
- Alta Peak Trail
- Big Trees Trail
- Congress Trail
- Crescent Meadow Loop Trail
- Hazelwood Nature Trail
- Tokopah Falls Trail
- Moro Rock Trail
What Is There to See in Sequoia National Park?
The forest and park have plenty to see — indeed, there’s so much to experience that you might want to extend your stay in the area. Whether you’re a lover of wildlife, want to see local plants and trees or find unique natural wonders intriguing, there’s something for you to enjoy at the park. Check out these things to see in Sequoia National Park.
- The Giant Forest: Located in the heart of the park, the Giant Forest protects half of the planet’s oldest and largest trees. Surround yourself with the planet’s natural history and admire the over 2,000-year-old General Sherman Tree that measures almost 300 feet tall.
- The Giant Forest Museum: Get to know the impressive trees in the area with a visit to the Giant Forest Museum. Discover details about the area with interactive exhibits and prepare for your walk through the park.
- Mount Whitney: If you’re up for a challenge, hike the tallest mountain in the contiguous United States at just over 14,500 feet. Take in the stunning views along the way. If you’re an avid mountain climber, you can hike Mount Whitney in a day. Those without much experience may prefer to walk the gentle slopes to as high as they’re comfortable.
- Crystal Cave: This marble cave is one of over 200 in the park. Visit during the summer to take a tour and learn about the formations and minerals inside this underground natural wonder. Enjoy the half-mile scenic hike it takes to get to the cave’s entrance, then step inside to a different world.
- Local wildlife: There’s more living in the park than the trees. Wildlife inhabits the area and might make an appearance during your visit. Watch the ground for yellow-bellied marmots, look to the sky and trees for red-tail hawks and keep an eye out for much more to discover.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Sequoia National Park?
Sequoia National Park is open all year, but many find the best time to visit is between June and August. The weather is warm and predictable, but keep in mind that there will probably be more visitors during these months because it’s the on-season. Luckily, the park is also open 24 hours a day, meaning you can visit during the day to admire wildlife, then return when the sun goes down to stargaze.
Different seasons also offer a variety of activities and experiences. Plan visits throughout every season to see and do something new every time you head to Sequoia National Park.
- Spring, summer and fall: In the warmer months, Sequoia National Park is home to abundant activities. Plan your visit and get ready to hike, fish, rock climb, go horseback riding, watch the stars or go spelunking in caves. Pick your favorite thing to do outside or try something new on your visit during spring, summer and fall.
- Winter: December through February offers just as an impressive variety of things to do. As snow blankets the area, visitors can sled, cross-country ski, snowshoe, toboggan or build a snowman. Take guided tours of the sparkling landscape in winter.
What Is There to Do Near Sequoia National Park?
Once you wrap up your outdoor adventure, you’ll be looking for cities near Sequoia National Park for more fun. Take in the art in Exeter, Calif., with their murals and Courthouse Gallery, or spend more time outside at the local farms and nature preserves in Farmersville, Calif. From vineyards to other outdoor experiences, you’ll find it all near the park.
Looking to relax after your outdoor adventures? If you prefer to spend a bit of time inside after taking in all the marvels of nature, travel about an hour to Lemoore, where Tachi Palace Casino Resort awaits you. Dine, play, relax and stay at our hotel and casino for the perfect end to your day outside.
Visit Our Hotel and Casino Near Sequoia National Park
If you’re on your way to a tour of Sequoia National Park and looking for nearby lodging and entertainment, Tachi Palace is the perfect place for you. As a resort hotel near Sequoia National Park, we offer luxury, excitement, and enjoyment at a manageable distance.
Finish your road trip and hop on CA-198 W from the famous Californian national park, and you’ll arrive at your home away from home in 75 minutes, where you can look forward to a couple of days of relaxation, indulgence, and play. Located in Lemoore — the heart of the San Joaquin Valley in central California — our popular hotel and casino is the perfect escape. Delve into another world of invigorating casino games, indulgent spa treatments, and luxury hotel accommodations.
The Casino — Easy Entertainment Near Sequoia National Park
When you want to balance out some mindful nature exploration with some old-fashioned fun, the Tachi Palace Casino is everything you’re looking for. With two vibrant casinos boasting more than 2,000 gaming machines, we’ll never leave you without a full lineup of excitement during your stay. If you want a laid-back atmosphere with more casual games, our Casino of the Moon offers muted colors and a relaxing experience.
If lively is the name of your game, head to the Casino of the Sun, complete with vibrant colors and enhanced gaming opportunities. In addition to our world-class casinos, Tachi Palace also offers a separate poker room and table games.
Amenities in Our Hotel Near Sequoia National Park
Our Sequoia-local casino isn’t all Tachi Palace has to offer. We have something for all our guests, from those who want to relax to anyone looking to fill a staycation with endless excitement. Revel in a variety of luxurious amenities during your stay.
- Dining: Looking for the best restaurants to keep you satisfied near the giant Sequoia forest? Tachi Palace boasts eight restaurants and dining locations with plenty of delicious options to choose from daily. Several of these restaurants also serve delicious, hot breakfasts to help you get your day started. Dine with us before you visit Sequoia National Park or refuel after a long day of exploring. Try something different every day on an extended stay or become a regular at one of our dining spots.
- Spa treatments: Pamper your mind and body with a little meditative spa time at our luxury spa location. Enjoy your retreat to nature, then treat yourself to one or a selection of our spa treatments. A massage will ease away all the work you put in while hiking, and our facials and body treatments will rejuvenate your skin.
- Entertainment: Looking for things to do near Sequoia National Park? Tachi Palace is home to a host of concerts and events to make your visit even more enjoyable. Plan your trip dates to experience the activities you’ll most enjoy. Relax all day in the park, then energize yourself with live music, comedy performances, and other entertainment options right here in Tachi Palace.
- Indulgent hotel accommodations: With spacious, all-inclusive rooms, luxurious amenities, and a beautiful outdoor swimming pool, our seven-story resort hotel will give you everything you need to kick back and enjoy your time away.
At Tachi Palace, we invite you to have a relaxing visit, whether you’re staying for a long weekend or stopping in during your staycation. With so much to do in the area and at our location, you’re sure to want to extend your stay, and our no resort fees make it easy to do just that.
Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino — Your Best Option for Sequoia Lodging
Tachi Palace has so much to offer, you won’t know what to experience first. Take time to enjoy our luxurious spa, enticing dining opportunities, live entertainment, thrilling casino, cooling outdoor swimming pool or the simple, satisfying comforts of your spectacular hotel room or suite. Our resort will satisfy you at every turn and make you feel right at home. You can even enjoy the option of extra space with a view by picking our lovely loft suites.
Make a reservation today to enjoy the relaxing oasis or stimulating getaway you dream of at Tachi Palace.