PLAYING IT SAFE
PLAYING IT SAFE
Months into this global pandemic, everyone is trying to adjust to the “new normal” and find ways to continue to live, work, and play. As the COVID-19 situation and information evolves, so should the safety measures where you are playing, shopping, eating, and working. As a consumer, it’s important to be up-to-date on the latest measures in place and check to be sure they are being followed and enforced at the place you frequent.
For example, when Tachi Palace Casino Resort first reopened at the end of May, smoking was allowed. One month later, they announced a move to non-smoking to increase the amount of time guests’ faces are covered and to assist in the air quality and circulation. It is policies such as this one and their voluntary suspension of cocktail service that has added to the safety of the casino for both guests and employees.
Opening in phases is another strategy for businesses to ensure control and monitor the cleanliness of the establishment. At Tachi Palace slots opened first, after adding 23,000 square feet of space for proper distancing of machines. A few weeks later table games opened, which are limited to three players per table with each separated by plexiglass. As guidelines continue to be followed, the bingo hall remains closed, as does the neighboring Coyote Entertainment Center.
Because the safety of guests and employees is always the top priority, Tachi Palace Casino Resort has exceeded CDC recommendations and increased safety measures at its property. Following are some of those measures:
- Implemented no-smoking policy
- Voluntarily Suspended cocktail service
- Face coverings for guests and associates
- Infrared temperature checks at entrances
- Numerous hand sanitizing stations
- Limited table game seating
- Plexiglass partitions at gaming tables
- Daily sanitization of chips
- More frequent refreshing of card decks
- Take-out only dining
- Added 23,000 square feet of gaming space to socially distance slot machines
- Associate COVID-19 screening
- Personalized hand sanitizers for associates with refills
- Back to work safety training for all associates
- Attendants dedicated to sanitizing slot machines
- Bingo remains closed
As people return to work and play, Tachi Palace Casino Resort remains committed to going above and beyond to ensure the health and safety of the community.