Gambling and Social Distancing
Gambling and Social Distancing
Over the past few months, we’ve all become familiar with the term “social distancing,” or maintaining a distance of at least six feet between ourselves and others. The practice reduces possible exposure to COVID-19 and can help slow the spread of the virus.
Many people worry that social distancing means the end of their favorite activities. But if you put the right measures in place and remain mindful, you can continue to do many things you enjoy, including safe casino gambling.
Tachi Palace Casino Resort works hard to make casino gambling safe for our patrons. Learn more about the steps casinos have taken to protect you and pick up some tips for staying socially distant on your next visit.
Casino Social Distancing Measures
Our casino keeps up-to-date with the latest public health guidelines to shape new policies and protect our guests.
The best part is, casinos have figured out ways to encourage social distancing without impacting your casino experience. You will still have a fantastic time and get to play all your favorite games with these rules in place. Here are some policies that have been implemented so far.
Grouping Machines Into Slot Islands
We have gone over and above the efforts of other casinos by entirely rethinking our approach to layout. We rearranged our floor by adding space where we regrouped our machines into “slot islands.” Our guests can stay six feet apart, and we don’t have to power off any machines, giving you more opportunities to play.
Limiting the Number of People in the Casino
The more room you can give guests in the casino, the better chance they have to remain socially distant. Casinos have instituted a maximum number of guests so that everyone can stay six feet apart with ease. These guidelines offer guests more room to navigate the casino floor. The layout of many casino floors has also been changed to allow people additional space.
New people gain admittance as others depart. You will have plenty of time to enjoy yourself inside, of course. Nothing has changed about that. But if you are waiting to enter the casino, you must maintain a distance of at least six feet from others around you as well.
Introducing Temperature Checks
Casinos have started checking people’s temperatures with noninvasive thermometers before letting guests onto the floor. Fever is a symptom of COVID-19. If you have a fever of over 100.4°F, you will not be allowed to enter.
Temperature checks are performed in a hygienic and professional manner, and you can relax knowing that no one on the floor with you is demonstrating this well-recorded symptom of COVID-19.
Starting New Sanitation Procedures
Casinos like Tachi Palace Casino Resort have always taken sanitation very seriously. The pandemic has made these procedures even more rigorous. Some of the existing and additional measures we’re taking include:
- Tables are wiped down with cleaning products between users.
- Chips are cleaned in a machine after visitors turn them in.
- Sections of the casino are closed on a rotating basis for cleaning.
- Slot machines are thoroughly cleaned after players leave.
- Dealers sanitize the dice before giving them to the next player.
- Staff increases the number of trash pickups throughout the day.
Having Staff Members Wear Masks
With masks mandatory throughout California, our employees are wearing masks as they carry out their duties, such as serving drinks or dealing cards. Our employees care about keeping you safe.
Allowing Fewer People at Slot Machines
Casinos are marking some slot machines temporarily out of service to reduce the number of people gathered at once in these areas. Putting a couple of machines in between each player keeps them at least six feet apart. It also makes it easier to navigate the aisles between machines.
Reducing Participants in Table Games
Social distancing will continue at table games as well. Whether your specialty is blackjack, poker or roulette, you will find that the game tables have several empty chairs. The spacing allows you to play the game just as you always do without worrying that you will come in contact with someone in the next chair.
Testing Employees for COVID-19
One key to maintaining casino visitors’ health is to keep employees healthy, too. By testing employees who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or who have demonstrated signs of the coronavirus, casinos protect both the people who work there and the people who gamble with them.
You can feel confident that proactive actions have been taken to maintain worker safety.
Gambling and Social Distancing Tips
Are you ready to visit Tachi Palace Casino Resort for a great night or weekend of entertainment? We want you to feel safe and comfortable.
Use these tips to ensure you and your fellow guests have the best possible visit:
- Wash your hands frequently: Take breaks to visit sinks or restrooms to wash your hands after finishing at a slot machine or table.
- Use hand sanitizer: If you come in contact with someone you don’t know, apply hand sanitizer. Casinos have placed extra hand sanitizer stations around the floors to offer added convenience.
- Wear a mask: California requires masks in indoor public spaces. You can find a lot of fun themed masks to show off your personality while you gamble.
- Stay home if you feel sick: Don’t come to the casino if you have a fever, a cough or other COVID-19 symptoms. You’d want others to extend the same courtesy.
- Limit contact when you can: Try not to touch other people when you gamble. Move out of the way when another person is walking toward you and give people time to clear out from a table or machine before taking their place.
- Don’t gather in groups: Avoid creating groups of several people while watching a game or using a slot machine.
Many casinos have also posted signs around their property reminding people to maintain social distancing. Read these signs and tips, and use them when appropriate.
Also, be sure to pay attention to markings on the floor. Lots of casinos have marked off where people should stand to keep a distance of at least six feet. If you are in line, for example, wait until the person ahead of you has advanced to the next marker before moving.
Visit Tachi Palace Casino Resort for Safe and Memorable Fun
These are stressful times, and you need to carve out time to unwind. Tachi Palace Casino Resort is open, and we want you to enjoy a great time at our casino. Your safety is our top concern.
Come enjoy a night of gambling and let yourself relax in our comfortable surroundings. Contact us today to learn more about our COVID-19 measures or for the answers to any other questions you might have.